Let me first introduce you to my favorite granola recipe from the Clever Carrot, which is aptly named “My Favorite Granola.” One of my childhood besties shared this recipe with me years ago and it is the only one I have been making since.
Are you looking for last minute gifts for people you just couldn’t decide what to get? Do you need to add a little oomph to some gifts you already purchased? Do you just want to make something yummy for yourself? Granola is your answer! It can be packaged to look beautiful, goes with many different foods, is great for anyone and can be stored in mason jars for several weeks.
Here are the steps to giving the gift of granola:
- Follow the recipe to make the granola- you can also use butter or margarine in the same amount instead of coconut oil
- I doubled the recipe for the ultimate gift giving granola
- Remove from oven every 10 minutes or so and stir around in the tray
- Let it cool completely – I usually let mine cool overnight
- Add some toppings, if you wish; dried cranberries, coconut, nuts, chocolate chips- I leave these on top so picky eaters can remove them without them being all mixed into the granola
- Grab some mason jars from Michaels, or Amazon or wherever you do your food shopping- small, medium, big- whatever you would like
- Add a bow or ribbon to the top and you are done!